Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No Time. Gotta Run.


That pretty much sums up my life at the moment. I haven't even had time to enjoy the season yet thanks to my job. I am saddened by the fact that Rowan is changing in so many ways and I am not even aware of half of what is going on with him because I can't catch up. For instance, yesterday I mentioned the word "bus". He comes over, takes my hands and makes me do the "Wheels on the Bus" motion with my hands. When did he learn that? What else does he know that I have missed? I can't wait until life slows down a little and I am busy in a different way again (changing bums, feeding etc.) so that not only can I clear my head, but so that I can watch my son more carefully and be more involved in his progress. I am ashamed of not knowing how to balance work and family in a more efficient and effective way.


We haven't taken many photos over the last little bit either. This one was taken with my new blackberry (my old one met its fate with a cup of coffee). We haven't even taken a proper family portrait in front of our beautiful Christmas tree!!! 


Speaking of which-- our tree is probably the nicest one we have ever had. We bought it down the street in a parking lot. At $10.00/foot, we knew it had to be a good one and we weren't disappointed. It stands about 8 feet high and so far, still has 90% of its balls in tact. Rowan isn't all that interested in destroying it. Nor is he interested in the gifts underneath the tree which is truly shocking. He, however, LOVES the snow globes and the Santa door decoration we have hanging in the kitchen. He can't have a meal without asking to have the music wound up over and over again. He also likes to say goodnight to the Santas in the house before bed. He knows that Santa says "Ho HO ho" too (another shocking discovery that I made when he showed me the life sized Santa in Amanda's living room. He likes to hold his hand and then shouts "Ho HO ho"). Unbelievable. And yes, while I know that I should be proud of all of his developments (known and unknown), I can't help but feel a little pang at the thought that I am not privy to them all.






No comments:

Post a Comment