We took Rowan and Bronson to Valleyview Farm today to see the baby animals and to play. I should have known things wouldn't go well when I found myself standing in line behind Kim (the woman that I used to work with and who didn't do the nicest of things to me). I politely said hello and chit-chatted for a bit. She had her 3 girls with her- a 2 year old and a set of 2 month old twins. She seemed flustered. I wasn't.
Rowan wasn't all that interested in the baby sheep or furry animals. Instead, he liked the birds. But really, he just wanted to play. And play he did. John followed him around and around and up and down. I took my turn towards the end and almost had a kid knock me on my butt to get on the slide that I had just let Rowan go down. He was completely unsupervised and his parents had no clue where he was. I wanted to yell: "he's up here you Moron and he just about killed my kid!". But I didn't. We left instead. It wasn't a pleasant experience for numerous reasons but mostly, we didn't like the jerk parents or the day care providers who really had no clue where half of their children were because they were too busy socializing with other jerk adults.
Oddly enough, we had a similar experience at our own local park today too. We were having a great time with 2 little girls when 2 small day cares showed up with their heard of kids under 2. The women were busy talking to each other and gabbing about useless crap and not paying attention to the little kiddies who were innocently playing alone in the dirt. I sat with them and Rowan who threw sand up in the air out of excitement. The annoying lady thought it was appropriate to discipline him for it. And maybe she did the right thing but let me tell you, I secretly wanted to push her over and throw dirt in her hair myself. She should have been paying more attention to the 1 year old she had with her who was standing on a pail than worrying about telling my baby that he is being dangerous and forcing him to sit down.
No comments:
Post a Comment