Jen has had to travel on-and-off again this past month which has presented challenges, but also some incredible moments. One night, while putting Boober to bed the phone began its heart-stopping ringing. I rushed to answer it, fearful that it might wake Porky up, who I'd just managed to get to sleep. It was, as usual, a telemarketing firm that now begins it's pitch with, "this is not a telemarketing call ..." read by some pre-programed drone.
I hung up the phone in a huff and returned to Boober's room, obviously annoyed at the interruption, turned off the lights and began snuggling him to bed. He asked, "Who was that?", to which I replied, "No one Boober, go to bed".
He hates open-ended answers. He needs a little more certainty, something he can decode; my answer was the equivalent of saying, "Because". He said, "somebody calling to steal our money?" a little worriedly because I'd once explained to him that bad people call us who try to steal our money (because that is what telemarketers are out to do).
I said, "don't worry about it dadda, I won't let them steal our money."
He turned to me and said, "I have bad dreams someone steal our money."
I suggested the following, "Well, why don't you dream about scooping and dumping?"
To which he replied: "No. I dream about mummy instead."
I hung up the phone in a huff and returned to Boober's room, obviously annoyed at the interruption, turned off the lights and began snuggling him to bed. He asked, "Who was that?", to which I replied, "No one Boober, go to bed".
He hates open-ended answers. He needs a little more certainty, something he can decode; my answer was the equivalent of saying, "Because". He said, "somebody calling to steal our money?" a little worriedly because I'd once explained to him that bad people call us who try to steal our money (because that is what telemarketers are out to do).
I said, "don't worry about it dadda, I won't let them steal our money."
He turned to me and said, "I have bad dreams someone steal our money."
I suggested the following, "Well, why don't you dream about scooping and dumping?"
To which he replied: "No. I dream about mummy instead."
No comments:
Post a Comment