My work has been killing me and it has been super difficult on my family. You know it is bad when your 3 year old goes around telling everyone that "mommy is getting a new job so that she can stay with me, forever". I have been away far too much in the last couple of months and I have missed out on a lot.
And so, I went out and got a new job. I put an end to the complaining (my own) and the sadness (theirs). Starting January 9, 2011-- I will be the Director, Health and Safety for the Royal Canadian Mint.
I am very proud of myself because this is a big position with lots of challenges and not just any dumb-dumb can be what I will be. After 13 years of working in one place, it took a lot of effort and studying and nerve to make the change. While I know that I will be heartbroken to leave REA, I can't think of a better way to start the new year.
Ready or not...
No comments:
Post a Comment