After the hellish ride back from BR the last time, we decided that Rowan and John would fly from Ottawa and that Bronson and I would pick them up in Sudbury. That plan sounded better when we thought that the Porter flights would be under 200 dollars. They weren't. So I threatened to spend a few dollars on earplugs and we loaded up the van and hit the road together. I must have been slightly demented when I actually believed for a short time that we would make do with our Subaru once Bronson arrived. As you can see, our van was full of stuff and we didn't have the dogs to contend with. We will however, have the dogs with us on the way back which means that our packing job will have to improve or we will have to strap stinky Jackson and whinny Bailey to the tailgate.
The drive wasn't bad. It took us well over 8 hours to reach our destination but the trip was made bearable by a quick picnic in Deep River and a bit of humour too.
I've been told that I pack a mean lunch. I think they enjoyed the salami and chicken sandwiches. I enjoyed the view (the river was beautiful but I think my boys were much prettier to look at).
Who knows where we were when this shot was taken but yes, that is my insane husband who makes everything in life so much more enjoyable by his sense of style and quirky ways. I will miss him when he is off to Central America this week.




No comments:
Post a Comment