Friday, May 6, 2011

Terre Des Jeunes

When we learned that Rowan was 30th on the list for one of the 16 places in the preschool program at Terre des Jeunes we embraced the status quo. I even convinced myself that I was kind of happy that we wouldn't have to uproot him, change Bronson's schedule and figure out how we were going to get him there in the mornings and then to Amanda's in the afternoon. But, yesterday we got the call informing us that he was accepted and that he will be starting school in the fall. On his 3rd birthday nonetheless.

We were excited. And then I was sad. But now I am excited again. We know that this is going to be the best possible way to introduce him to French before he goes full days in September 2012. I know he would have been fine had he not been able to speak French before junior kindergarten, but now we don't have to worry about that at all. 

He is already interested in reading French books and the other night when an ad came on for Merci chocolate he stood there and signed "merci" for us. Unbelievable. My little sponge.


My mom said today that he is going to be so cute singing in French and she couldn't be more right. He already has a little angel voice but the idea of him singing the songs that I learned when I was a tiny girl makes me smile a big big smile.



I can see him now: Huge straw coloured ringlet hair, argyle shirt, boarder sneakers, black aviator sunglasses and a backpack. He'll be the coolest kid in the joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment