Monday, May 30, 2011

Thinking of Them

I have been thinking about my grandparents a lot this month because the ones that are gone from this life would all have turned 98 in May. 98 years old. Can you imagine?


John is convinced that he will live to 120. I sure hope he is right and that I get to be there, along for the ride so to speak. I was lucky because I met all of my grandparents. John did not. Our boys are even luckier because they've met their great-grandmother. And not only that, they have photos of their great-great-grandparents too (at least on my Mom's side). 


Gramma Farnard (McColgan and her dad)

Grampa Farnand and his mom. That Rowan look-a-like is my mom of course.


These are some of my favourites of my mom and her parents






I am working on getting photos of my gramma and grampa Richardson but they are a little more difficult to come by. I have also asked for photos of John's grandparents and their families. I have only seen one photo of Ken when he was a child and I am anxious to see more. 

Someday I will finish our family tree and make a family history book. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment