Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time to Thank You. Margo.

Work has me swamped. I don't seem to have the energy needed to do anything but sit on the couch in the evenings. Our days start at 6am and we go until at least 7:30pm now. I know this is routine, but I'd like my routine to be a little easier and involve a little more than just feeding my child, bathing my child, putting my child to sleep and WORK!!! Arrrrgh.

Anyway, I know I shouldn't complain. I have it pretty darn easy compared to other people. For example, my sister discovered Kijiji. She isn't what I would call a habitual web-user by any means and is just now finding things that most of us are addicted to checking several times a month, if not several times a week ( or even daily if you my cousin Mary. She's a used-ottawa freak). My sister's lack of interest in the internet is kind of cute actually. What's even cuter is that after stumbling across a post by a desperate mother, she sent an email out to us asking for help. I guess this woman needs diapers, clothes and food for her 2 kids and somehow thought up the idea of posting her needs on Kijiji. 

Resourceful and extremely sad. 

My sister is what most people would refer to as a bleeding-heart. I refer to her as kind. I am not sure where we get this inability to turn a blind eye to people who need a helping hand but I suspect it comes from our parents who I would say, did a pretty damn bang-up job raising their girls. I don't mean that to blow my own horn in anyway. I only mean that because I know as a parent now, how *bleeping* hard it is to feed, dress, entertain and keep my child alive let alone teach him the importance of compassion and doing good by your neighbours. I can only hope that Rowan, baby #2, Addison and Landon will learn what we have learned by participating in things that Margo and I will drag them to (and through) over the years.

So yes, Margo is going out and buying diapers and food to be dropped off for this poor family at Thanksgiving. The rest of us will be giving thanks that we could help in a small way and that because of what I think amounts to sheer luck sometimes, we haven't ended up on Kijiji posting a desperate plea for life's basic necessities for our children...

By the way-- Margo was the only person to respond to the posting. Somehow, that really doesn't surprise me given what I have seen when it comes to people (some of whom I have called "friend" in the past) are willing, or should I say, NOT willing to do for others. Imagine how wonderful life would be if there were more people like Margo instead of more people like the ass who...well, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment