Friday, August 6, 2010

Cosmic Adventures

Cosmic Adventure is an indoor play warehouse. It's enormous. What amazes me about the place is that they are able to keep it incredibly clean. What I don't like about it is that they hose you for food which you are forced to buy because you aren't allowed to bring your own lunch and the cafeteria/food court is part of the play area. What parent can say "no" to a kid who is begging for ice cream when everyone else is eating it? I can't. 
 
I feel really sorry for the parents who can't afford to take their kids to these types of things because despite the questionable food court set up and the junior casino (you know, the games that require money and that give you an absurd toy in the end), the play structure is fantastic. It provides a wonderful spot to burn off steam especially when it is raining or really hot outside. A year's membership is close to $100 (2 kids plus 2 adults) which might seem steep, but it is nothing to the ridiculous entrance fee of about $25.00 for one child and one adult. A pizza and 4 drinks is $40 too which I think is outrageous.


Anyway, it was our second stop this week and we took Dawson and Leanne with us. Dawson was very excited about his first official play date with Rowan. Dawson is a neat 8 year old. He is a very mature little boy thanks to being brought up in a home with two teenage boys (now 16 and 18) and he is extremely good with little kids. I didn't think he'd really want to play as much as he did. I hope he wasn't disappointed by Rowan's inability to focus on anything but the space ship ride and the ice cream. It's hard for an adult to understand a 2 year old. It's even harder for someone like Dawson who just wants to be friends in his way.  What Dawson doesn't know is that Rowan already considers him a friend in his own way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment