Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Parrot Effect

The parrot effect is something else. What do I mean? You know, when a child starts mimicking the things you didn't know you did- *The parrot effect*. I learned this week that I say/do the following:
  • No, No, No!
  • Crazy Boober
  • Stomp my feet at the dogs when I am furious
  • Get OUT of HERE!
  • Call strangers in other cars "buddy"
  • Oh my GOD (okay, I knew I say this one a lot. I always have. But it is really funny to hear it come out of a 2 year old's mouth.)
I first heard him refer to himself as "crazy Boober" earlier this week. I feel in love with him over again when I realized what he was saying. It's so incredibly lovely and fun... Anyway, He uses it in a completely appropriate way and will actually call John and I "crazy mommy" or "crazy daddy" when we do something, well--crazy. It's the best I tell you. Simply the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment