I bought a bunch of books on how to discipline children properly recently. Like everything else child related, the information is tough to slog through. However, I kind of like "Honey, I Wrecked the Kids" so far. The idea that I don't have to threaten my child, give him time-outs or punish him so that he can learn to behave properly just makes sense to me. The goal really is to raise a happy, self confident and respectful little boy. I get that. But I have to tell you, despite his adorable curls, his funny little hoarse voice, his sorry-mammas and all the other cute things he does, his behaviour can be totally perplexing and occasionally I just want to let out one blood curdling scream to scare him into to submission.
And then, there are days like this one where we went shopping together, he helped me pick out winter boots, and sat and had popcorn as we watched the people go by. He held my hand the entire time and was nothing but the sweet little man I so desperately wish for him to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment