I can't tell you the number of times that people have reminded me how amazing John is as both a father and a husband. Most of the comments come from single moms who know what it is like to be alone either most or all of the time because their exs are/were what I call dead weight. Luckily for these women, they cut those men loose long ago (because in my mind, the bottom of some lake is the only good place for men like that), but I simply can't imagine how hard it must be sometimes to not have someone to rely on when you're sick, or having a bad day, or when there are just too many things to get done in one evening alone. Taking care of our boys is a full time job for both of us and I take full advantage of having John in the house with us every day. Most of the time I take him for granted even though I try hard to do otherwise. But on nights like this one, when I see him up a dangerous ladder at 11pm hanging "kurber lights" just so that he can see the smile on his little boys face the following day, that I remember exactly why I asked him to be the father to my babies. He keeps me afloat.
No comments:
Post a Comment